All Students Invited!
While quality instruction, sufficient class hours, and performing opportunities are all important parts of a classical dance education, the recipe is not complete without an occasional trip to see a performance. There is nothing quite like the inspiration and excitement that can come from watching a professional performance live. For this reason, it is our pleasure to offer current Ballet 5:8 School of the Arts students special discounts and opportunities to see professional performances - including those by our own Ballet 5:8 professional company.
Mirrors of the Mind
Ballet 5:8's contemporary program Mirrors of the Mind highlights three works that bring the mysterious inner workings of the mind to life. The world premiere of Ballet 5:8 Artistic Director Julianna Slager's Interplay imagines the characters Wisdom and Folly as they embody in the inner dialogue of the heart in a personified duel of reason and emotion. In Preston Miller's And Mercy, the thoughts and intentions of the heart are communicated through intense emotion and continuous, connected movement emerging seamlessly from the music. In Sigao Ekklesia, Slager uses a captivating juxtaposition of raw, relatable movement, majestic, magnificent sounds, and exquisite lines to wrestle with a topic that is dear to the hearts and minds of many: church.
Friday, February 5 - 8:00pm
Saturday, February 6 - 7:30pm
The performance will be held at Madison Street Theater in Oak Park, Illinois. Madison Street Theatre is partially funded by the Oak Park Area Arts Council, in partnership with the Villages of Oak Park, Forest Park and River Forest, and the Illinois Arts Council Agency.
- Seating for this performance is general admission.
- Tickets are $20 for adults, $18 for students/seniors, or $10 for children 12 and under.
- Adult tickets are 15% for groups of 10 or more.
- Ballet 5:8 School of the Arts students may use code B58SCHOOL for 20% off adult tickets! This code can be used for students (unless they qualify for a child ticket) and family members.
- Click below to purchase tickets or call 312-725-4752.